Kennebunkport i Maine
It’s important for you to understand your local laws if you want to become an Airbnb host. We provide a platform and marketplace, but we don’t provide legal advice. Even so, we want to share some information to help you understand laws and other rules that relate to short-term rentals in the town of Kennebunkport, ME.
Short-term rental regulations
In June of 2021, voters in Kennebunkport, ME approved an ordinance to regulate short-term rentals in the Town. As of January, 2022 all short-term rentals must be registered in accordance with the regulations prior to advertising a short-term rental, and display the short-term rental license number on all advertisements. Those renting a traditional hotel, motel, bed & breakfast or inn are not subject to these licensing requirements. You can read the full ordinance here.
Hosts can access the application portal for a license, frequently asked questions on licensing and other information by visiting the Town’s Website. Those interested in applying will need the following documents in digital form in order to complete the application process:
- Property Location Information: This will include, owner, contact person (rental agent, property manager, etc.) as well as your Vision ID # (How to obtain your Vision ID). Phone numbers and emails will also be required.
- Plot Plan: A Plot Plan showing the home and designated parking. This can be hand drawn but must be to scale, or a plan can be done from the town’s GIS site (this option is only available if the home existed in 2018).
- Layout: Floor layout of dwelling showing bedrooms, hallways, emergency exits, etc. Include locations of all smoke detectors, as well as location of required fire extinguisher (example).
- Septic Design: Copy of septic design (if on septic) or inspection verification from 3rd party verifying location and condition. Some septic plans are available at the Code Office, or at the online state septic system permit search database.
- Sewer Bill: Copy of sewer bill (if not on septic). You can obtain a copy here.
- Good Neighbor Guidelines: Acknowledgment of receipt of Good Neighbor Guidelines.
Adding registration details to your listing(s)
You can add registration details, like a registration or permit number, to your listing. To add this number to your listing, go to Listings, select the listing you want, and add the number under Regulations.
It's also important to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, such as leases, condo board or co-op rules, HOA rules, or rules established by tenant organizations. Please read your lease agreement and check with your landlord if applicable.
Our commitment to your community
We’re committed to working with local officials to clarify how local rules impact the short-term rental community. We will continue to advocate for changes that will enable people to share their homes.
- Coral Gables i FloridaHvis du overvejer at blive Airbnb-vært, er her nogle oplysninger, der kan hjælpe dig med at forstå lovene i din by
- Fort Collins i ColoradoHvis du overvejer at blive Airbnb-vært, er her nogle oplysninger, der kan hjælpe dig med at forstå lovene i din by
- Chino Hills i CalifornienHvis du overvejer at blive Airbnb-vært, er her nogle oplysninger, der kan hjælpe dig med at forstå lovene i din by